Our social media channels (hereinafter referred to as: the “Social Media Channels”) are made available by Currenta & Co. OHG (hereinafter referred to as: “us” or “we”). Further information on the provider of the Social Media Channels can be found in our link tree: www.currenta.de/en/link
A. Handling of personal data
In the following, we would like to inform you how we handle your personal data when you are using our Social Media Channels. Unless indicated otherwise in the articles below, the legal basis for the handling of your personal data is based on the necessity of the said handling for the availability of the functionalities of the Social Media Channels requested by you (article 6(1)(b) General Data Protection Regulation).
I. Use of our Social Media Channels
1. Use of the comment, messaging, and chat function
2. Use of the like buttons
II. Social Media Management Tool
We use a so-called Social Media Management Tool to manage our account, our content shared via Social Media Channels, and user activities (article 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation). Your activities in connection with our Social Media Channels (e.g. comments, “likes”, posts, messages) are transmitted to our Social Media Management Tool and are stored there.
With the help of the Social Media Management Tool, we can analyse general user behaviour in relation to our Social Media Channels in order to, for example
- identify particularly active users
- determine mood trends via automated or manual assessments
- set up message filters to recognise and delete spam messages.
As long as you regularly use the chat function on our Social Media Channels, the information about your user activities is stored by us. If you have not visited our Social Media Channels in this way for more than a year then we delete this information.
III. Social Media Listening
We use so-called Social Media Listening. Social Media Listening is the process of identifying and assessing what is being said about a company, an individual, a product or a brand on the internet. We use Social Media Listening services exclusively in relation to publicly accessible content on the internet in order to
- perform keyword searches across the web (e.g. on websites, social media, social networks, blogs, news sources, forums, photo or video sites);
- record the volume of conversations about our brand when users interact with it;
- search, filter, and analyse conversations;
- visualise conversation trend analyses over a certain period of time;
- monitor publicly available opinions, statements or other interactions on the internet of certain individuals or entities that are important to us and our business (so-called opinion leaders).
We use the insights gained from Social Media Listening services to better understand the moods, intentions, feelings, and market trends as well as the needs of our customers and interest groups in order to improve our products.
For the use of Social Media Listening, we rely on the legal basis that allows processing for the safeguarding of legitimate interests. These are the aforementioned purposes for which we use the findings from Social Media Listening (article 6(1)(f) General Data Protection Regulation).
B. Transfer of personal data
I. Transfer of personal data for processing on our behalf
To manage our Social Media Channels, we use specialised service providers who have access to the personal data of each and every user who contacts us via these Social Media Channels. We carefully select and regularly monitor our service providers. They only process personal data on our behalf and according to our instructions on the basis of corresponding contracts for order processing.
II. Processing of personal data by the platform provider
C. Information about your rights
You are generally entitled to the following rights in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation:
- the right to access information about the data we have stored on you
- the right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal data
- the right to object to any processing that serves our legitimate interest, a public interest or profiling, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- the right to data portability
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- You may revoke your consent to the collection, processing, and use of your personal data at any time with future effect.
If you want to exercise any of your rights then please address your request to the contact person mentioned under (D).
If you have any questions or concerns regarding data protection then please send us a personal message via the messaging function of our Social Media Channels or contact our Group Data Protection Officer via the following address:
Group Data Protection Officer
Currenta GmbH & Co. OHG
Last updated on: 22 January 2024